Monday, October 03, 2022

A Test Pattern To Knit


Yesterday was a cool day with a high of 11.5C. The wind was from the north and you could feel autumn in it. This morning it is 0C. We are to have sunshine and 14C today. Another frost warning for tonight. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I kept busy with laundry and making the bed. I did do a bit of cleaning up which I'm trying to keep up on. I put clean sheets on the bed and then rested some. 

I ate well again yesterday. Within my limits with quite a good portion of vegetables at dinner. My weight remained the same which is okay. 

I did do all the exercises yesterday. My knee is becoming more limber but it is weak as are my hips. I am starting to walk the length of the house to help build more muscles. Once I can do more, I will start to walk outside some each day.

In the afternoon, I covered the peppers, peas, and beans due to the risk of frost. I am glad I did as there are more vegetables to pick. I may even cut and freeze peppers for this winter. 

Sewing

I finished the binding on the quilt. It took me 2 hours to complete it while I watched a British tv show called Jeremy Clarkson's Farm. We watched it as a family and I wanted to watch it again as it makes me chuckle at the things he does.


The quilt is now bagged and in the box to be shipped this week. I do love the colours of this quilt as does daughter. 

I can now start the Soutache dress. I'm looking forward to making it even if I have to buy more fabric for it. This dress needs .7 meter of fabric vs .5 meter for placement of the design. I will have to think hard on this one which isn't a bad thing though I am going to buy another .5 meter today for just-in-case I need it.  

Knitting

I was asked by a designer of knitted doll clothes to test a pattern for her. Of course I said yes because she lives in Halifax (close to where I live) and I love her patterns. I've test knit the 4 patterns she has published. This one is called Aspen and is knit in worsted weight yarn.

I decided to make mine in a grey yarn with a metallic thread running through it. 

By the time I was done knitting for the evening I had 10 rows done and happy with the results. 

It was a snap decision to set aside the shawl and test knit. I've decided I will be very selective on what and who I test for. I need to be able to knit other items which I want to knit rather than test day after day after day. 

Today

I have to go to New Minas for the morning. In the afternoon, I may start the doll's dress. I will be knitting tonight. What else will be done depends on time and energy.

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment