Thursday, October 13, 2022

More Things Done

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny day. The high got to 17.9C. This morning it is 6C and we are to have sunshine with some clouds and 20C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I pushed myself doing housework. How much could I vacuum before I had to sit down? Half the upstairs was done before I sat down to rest. Then the other half, rest, and finally the stairs and entry way. That was the hardest to do. I rested after doing the vacuuming wondering why it hurts my back so much. I think it is the angle I bend at doing it. After resting I got the bucket of water and washed all the floors without resting. I was more upright and my back hurt less. I also pushed myself to do it as I had less pain. 

After lunch, it was off to the bank. I added son to the accounts and the Spousal Unit was taken off. We had several more things to do and were done. The only thing that had to be done after we left was taking the Spousal Unit's name off the mortgage. One thing off the list and 3 more to go. 

When I got home, I was mentally exhausted so I rested before making 2 chicken pies. I did the one from One Dish Kitchen website and it made 2 - 16 oz ramekins plus enough for part of my dinner. I did enjoy cooking this recipe as it was something I wanted to make. I have to do the phyllo pastry on them today and bake them in the oven. I am going to make apple turnovers to use the remaining pastry I have thawing in the fridge. I enjoy cooking when I can try new things and have the time to do it. Next up will be Shrimp Scampi. 

With the sun streaming in the windows and while I was cooking, I opened the windows to let in the fresh air. I also spent some time walking the length of the house working on my gait. Longer and complete strides so I am working muscles that I don't use when I take shorter strides. I would try to walk a full 2 minutes without stopping. It really is helping me walk so much better. I still have to think about it but it will become something I will do naturally. 

Sewing

I didn't go into the sewing room yesterday. Actually I didn't go downstairs yesterday as I was too busy. But I did think about sewing and I need to work on Christmas gifts and finishing up doll's outfits. Once I finish the doll's shoes I have to:

Make placemats for daughter

Make towel toppers for daughter-in-law

Make a shopping bag for daughter-in-law's parents

Once these are done, I will make a new list and continue on. I will make more for the dolls to complete the Regency Dress, the Soutache Dress, and the sweater I just knit. They are not high priority but fun items to make. Gifts first then fun sewing for the next while. I am very thankful I have a lot of gifts made earlier this year. 

Knitting

I knit on the shawl last night and it is slowly getting bigger. A lot of stitches to knit on each row now. Next up will be socks for grandson. 

I wanted to knit a hat for the test sweater but I only have 17 grams of yarn and need 35-40 grams. I need to dig in the yarn stash and see if I have any left over from a previous project. 

Today

I need to finish yesterday's cooking and start freezing carrots. I am at the doctor's at 1:30 pm and then home to hopefully sew on the doll's shoes. I have to sneak down this morning and glue fabric on the insoles. Knitting tonight. I am having one of the chicken pies and turnovers for dinner tonight. The other will go into the freezer for another night. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment