Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Progress On Many Fronts

Yesterday was another lovely sunny afternoon with a high of 15.6C. The fog took until noon to burn off. This morning it is 13C and we could have some rain showers and some sunshine. The high is to get to 21C.

Lifestyle

I spent the morning cleaning the kitchen up as it was getting somewhat messy. It took about 20 minutes to have what I wanted done. 

I did some striding and walking with my knees up and it is helping me with my horrid balance. You should see me wobble at times. Even I laugh at myself. 

I had a zoom meeting the Alzheimer's society support group yesterday. 

The Spousal Unit's chop saw, extra blade, and stand went to its new home last night. He would be so happy to know it was cutting a lot of trim for the rental unit our friends bought and are renovating. It was the Spousal Unit's wish that this person got it. I know he will come and do some work for me when I need it. 

I slept good last night and woke up with a sore back and knee from lying so still. I really needed a sleep like that. I was only up once during the night which is amazing for me. 

Sewing

I sewed for a good 2 hours yesterday. The bases were cut and sewn on all 3 bags and 2 of them got the gold top part put on. 

And the second one.

I stopped as I didn't want my back to ache so bad that I didn't sleep good last night. It is a balance between sewing and pain at the moment. I did put a lot of heat on it after sewing which helped keep it from getting too sore. Being long waisted (1.5" longer than normal) is hard when cutting fabric at my cutting table. I may have to rise it higher to combat the bending over. 

Knitting

I knit quite a bit yesterday as I rested my back and knee. It was the best therapy I did as my knee was less sore last night. I finished round 50 by bed time and am pleased with how they look. I really love knitting these socks due to how the yarn stripes so neatly. The lime green makes me happy. 

Thoughts

I did a bit of thinking yesterday. It is hard to make decisions when I feel raw and lonely. But, I need to take baby steps forward and start with three easy things. 

    With the saw gone (I'm happy its gone to a great home) I can sweep that part of the garage. I would like to do it today. I'm not ready to touch anything else in the garage at this time but the smoker is next. 

    I'm going to buy 1 tub for doll clothes. I will choose a doll and put her clothes into it. I will label it and add what is needed to complete the wardrobe. The clothes will be in a specific time period. This is the beginning of organizing the doll clothes which I've put off for a long time. 

    Begin cleaning up the family room. I will start at the bay window end and get that area set up how I want it to be. 

Today

I need to vacuum the upstairs and wash floors, do some dusting, sweep the part of the garage where the saw was, sew on the bags, and knit tonight. I know I won't get it all done though sewing is important as I need to get the bags done and in the mail. 

Until the next time............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment