Saturday, October 15, 2022

Vaccination #5

 Yesterday was another lovely day. The sun shone and the high got to 20.7C. This morning it is cloudy and 17C. We are to have rain this morning and showers this afternoon. The high is to get to 18C.

Lifestyle

I was out the door early yesterday for physio. I rode the bike for 2 minutes longer than usual, did more leg thrusts, and did the balance board. The bed exercises were done and I asked for them to be pushed a bit harder. I left physio exhausted but am glad I pushed. My exercises this week are to stride walk and lift my knee up high when taking a step. 

After a rest, I got busy as I needed to have my Covid booster. I got Moderna Bivalent vaccine and I had no side effects at all. I went and got fabric for Christmas gifts and then picked up grandson and our neighbour's son and had dinner with family. My knee was some what sore with the storm coming in and I was home early so I could put heat on it. 

This showed up on my Instagram feed (I have more "follow" than friends) and it is quite cute especially if you love cats. 

Sewing

I finished the doll shoes in the morning and late in the afternoon I put them on Addy. 

I am super pleased with them as they are the best shoes I have made. I am understanding a lot more about making shoes with each pair I make. 

They do go nicely with the dress and I call them party shoes. Probably not typical for the era. 

Daughter asked if I would make a bag not only for the auction but for our son-in-law. As there is enough fabric for 3 bags, that is what I am making. I got out the fabric and started to get if prepped for cutting. I thought I had done well getting one side done and I'm ready to cut the other side.

There is enough fabric to make one pocket for sure and each of the bags will have dog head buttons for the closure. 

After getting my Covid booster, I headed out to get the fabric for the dog bags (black and gold) and then bought these to make daughter placemats. Very simple - wood on front, plain on back, and diagonal stripes for the binding. Any left over fabric will be used for a small table runner. 

I will be busy for a good week or so on these projects. 

Knitting

I have almost cast off the shawl and need to get more yarn from the stash to finish. I am happy it is done and am ready to knit socks. 

Today

I am going to launder fabric this morning and do some housework and sew up a storm this afternoon. I will finish up the shawl tonight and start the socks. A day at home after a busy day out yesterday. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment