Sunday, October 02, 2022

Hand Sewing Binding

 Yesterday was another sunny day with a high of 18.3C. This morning it is 9C and we are to have sunshine and a high of 12C. There is a frost warning for tonight.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I got the kitchen cleaned, the table cleared and the laundry done. I also did the budget (expense sheet) and got some sites opened with their passwords. I only had to make one phone call as I was missing one piece of information to get into that site. The bills are all paid and I am ready for October. 

My knee is slowly getting better. It still hurts at times and gets tired easily but I am persisting. The exercises and physio are working. I am happy about that. I now need to start walking to strengthen it more. 

I started my healthy eating plan yesterday and lost 1.5 lbs. I didn't deprive myself but I didn't over eat. I'm hoping that I can continue on it as I always feel better when I eat healthy. 

Sewing

I sat in the basement hand sewing the binding down on the quilt. I got half of it done while watching shows streamed from the iPad to the TV. 

It was a relaxing time for me as I do enjoy hand sewing the binding down on quilted items. 

Knitting

I knit on the shawl for the doll's outfit and got more done on it. It has a very rustic look. I am not quite half done so this is going to be a big shawl for a doll. It has to wrap around her waist. 

This is daughter's favourite yarn colour and I have enough to make her socks once I am done doll knitting. The small amount of yarn that will be left over will be knit into a sweater for the Gotz dolls. 

Today

I have more laundry to do this morning and then I want to work on the quilt binding. I am expecting a phone call this afternoon and I have to cover the plants due to the frost warning. I hope to knit more on the shawl tonight. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment