Thursday, September 30, 2021

Piping Made

 Yesterday was a cool day with a high of 16.8C. There was some sunshine and some clouds. This morning it is 12.5C and cloudy. We are to have showers. 

Lifestyle

I got the laundry and budget done yesterday. At noon I announced to the Spousal Unit we can't go shopping until Oct. 1 as I had balanced the books for Sept. 

As a load of laundry was done, I got up and made the bed load by load. It was nice to have the bed made by the time the last load was dried. That was mid afternoon. It was also good to move around and not sit for 4 hours straight doing numbers. 

We were out with our grandson last night. We picked him up, took him home, had dinner and watched an episode of Clarkson's Farm (humorous as usual). It was a nice evening away from home. 

There were 41 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. We will be cautiously moving into Phase 5 of the reopening plan on Oct. 4. Masks and gathering sizes will still be in place as will a few other things. There will be mandatory vaccinations of people in health and education. I feel that we are not really opening up much more than we are right now. I'm okay with that. 

Sewing

I did a couple of hours of sewing yesterday and cut .5 meters of fabric into 5.9 meters of piping. I really enjoyed making it as it is easy to make and fun to see how the fabric looks as piping. 

The first piece I made was pink fairy frost. There was .2 meter of the fabric and it turned into 2.3 meters of piping. 

The second piece of fabric was .3 meter and I got 3.6 meters of piping from it. This fabric is old as daughter bought it about 2002 from a shop that was closing down in Dawson Creek. 

Though not a lot of fabric, it is 2 more pieces off the stash shelf. 

Knitting

I worked on the socks in the afternoon and evening and have the heel flaps done. I'm ready to turn the heel.

Today

I am tired as I had a bad IBS attack last night. I'm not sure how much I'll get done. If I have the energy, I will work in our bedroom. If not, I will nap before lunch. I'd like to make piping this afternoon and knit tonight. We wait and see if any of it happens. The given is -- I'll be in bed early tonight. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment