Thursday, September 09, 2021

Test Pattern Completed

 Yesterday was another lovely sunny day. The high got to 25.4C. This morning it is cloudy and 17C. There are to be showers during the day and periods of rain tonight. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit and I headed out to Coldbrook to get apples and books. On our way home, we stopped at two stores, one so snoop in and one to get light bulbs. We got home just at noon. It was a lovely trip and the stores weren't busy. 

In the afternoon, the Spousal Unit rakes the dead grass off the lawn. It gave him something to do. 

The soreness in my back and leg was better yesterday even though I got in and out of the car 5-6 times. It did give me some painful numbness at times but not as much as it had. I tried to stay more hydrated, move around more frequently and keep a balance of not doing enough vs doing too much. I may be healing now. Fingers crossed.

There were 14 new cases reported yesterday. One person is in the hospital. Four of the cases are in children under 12. There is no community spread or clusters. On Sept. 15, we will be entering Phase 5 of the reopening plan. There will be a proof of vaccination to enter non essential and leisure activities. Border restrictions will still be in place. We have been told that if there is community spread or clusters, masks will be mandated and restrictions will be put back into place. 

Sewing

I finished the doll's dress and I'm happy with it. It was pretty plain until I added the bows to the front and sleeves. 

I'm done testing for September and the next thing is to finish the dog's blanket so I can start the cat's quilt. I'm trying to stay focused on what I have planned to sew as I'm trying to make Christmas gifts. 

Knitting

I worked on the Snake River socks yesterday and have the cuffs done on both socks. 


The easy part is done. I started on the pattern following the video. I did row 1 on both socks and then did one pattern repeat on one sock. 

I am now ready to do the first pattern repeat on the 2nd sock. I will be doing the leg this way so I can keep track of any issues I'm having while doing the leg. 

I really have to stop buying stripy wool when doing patterns on socks. The pattern gets lost in the stripes. Plain or a tweed is much better to see patterns with. 

I have signed up to test a pattern for a designer so I can get my September knit over and done with. It is quite a few pieces and I will probably have to buy yarn for it. 

Today

Laundry, housework, sewing and knitting is on the agenda for today. 

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment