Thursday, September 02, 2021

Lots Done Yesterday

Yesterday was a lovely sunny day. The high got to 23C with a humidex of 25C. This morning it is 15C and we are under a rain warning. The high is to get to 20C with a humidex of 25C. There is suppose to be wind along with heavy periods of rain.

Lifestyle

Grandson was here yesterday and got our lawns mowed. It is nice to have them done before it rains today. This is his last weekly visit as school begins next week. We enjoy having him come for the day once a week. 

I have been hurting once again. It is a pinched nerve and very painful. When I turn/move certain ways it seems to spasm and the pain makes me feel ill. Last night I put the hot water bottle on the areas that are painful and got relief. Not over it yet but it seems to be better. I will continue to do it today. I will be doing a lot more stretching also to see if it helps. This will continue until the pain is gone.

I got the kitchen window and door glass cleaned both inside and out. They look streaky so I will have to do them again. I used a window cleaner and I'm not thrilled with it. I like to use hot water only and wash them well and then dry with a terry cloth. Works wonders for me. I also got the deck cleaned up; chairs put away and umbrella taken down in preparation for the rain and wind. 

The window cleaner is great to use to remove the stickiness of a cleaning product I use. I tried it on the cutting table and was totally impressed that there was no stickiness left on the surface. 

There were 7 cases of the virus reported yesterday. All are travel related or close contacts. There are 60 active cases in the province. 

Sewing

I wasn't able to start on the test pattern as the printer has no ink. I was choked as I thought I had enough ink to print this pattern. 

I worked on the dog blanket and got the binding on. 

This blanket is really a hodge podge of left over fabrics. I now can hand sew the binding down by hand before I machine stitch it in place. 

Knitting

Yesterday morning the socks looked like this. 

By 8 pm, I finished the heel flap, turned the heel, picked up the gusset stitches and had 8 rows knit on the gusset. It was so easy to do the 2nd time.  No picture as it is at a hard stage to photograph.

Today

I have laundry to do, put heat on my leg and back, hem grandson's school pants, and knit. With the rain coming, it will be an inside day for sure.

Until the next time...................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment