Wednesday, September 08, 2021

Test Pattern Almost Done

Yesterday was a gorgeous day with lots of sunshine and a high of 21.6C. This morning it is 11C and suppose to be sunny with a high of 23C.

Lifestyle

With the sun shining, the Spousal Unit spent a lot of time outside soaking it up. He pulled the Swiss Chard and has one bed ready to be winterized. He pulled most of the cucumber plants. I spent some time outside looking at the beans (blooming), peas (coming along) and we picked grape tomatoes for the 3 year old next door. He enjoyed getting a couple of handfuls of them. 

I spent most of the morning folding laundry and putting it away. When done, I started to clean the guest room as it will be the first room to be painted. I got quite a bit done in there. Some items were tossed, some will be go into the thrift shop boxes, and some will be kept. What is being kept has been moved out of the room and stored. My hips and legs were sore when I got done as the pinched nerve decided to act up. 

There were new 29 cases of the virus reported yesterday (4 days) and 2 people are in the hospital. There are 58 active cases which means we had quite a few recoveries over the weekend. 

Sewing

I spent quite a bit of time in the sewing room working on the test pattern. Instead of a collar, I put lace around the neckline. 

The sleeves went in well and the side seams were sewn in place. I have the hem, buttonholes, buttons and tiny ribbons left to do. 

Last evening, the designer closed the testing a day early. Frustrating. I will finish the dress, post pictures of it and not do another test pattern until October unless it is a pattern I love. 

I left the sewing room sore and aching as I had sat too long and was dehydrated. I paid for it all evening. 

Knitting

The doll's sweater did not get the buttons sewn on it. I forgot to do it in my rush to sew the test pattern.

I did start the next pair of socks and have the ribbing done on the first sock. 

The second sock is cast on and 2 rows knit on it. The journey of the Snake River Socks has begun. 

The journals I ordered to record what I've knit have been shipped and we may see them arrive on Saturday. Not holding my breath as delivery seems to take a long time. 

Today

I will be heading out shortly to take grandson to school (first day for him), then we are heading out to get apples and books and I want to finish sewing the doll's dress. Knitting tonight. 

Until the next time.......................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment