Sunday, September 05, 2021

The Socks Are Done

 Yesterday was cooler with a high of 15.4C. We had a bit of rain. This morning it was 9C and we had a good shower before I got up. Today it is suppose to be warmer with a high of 20C. 

Lifestyle

I spent the morning cleaning the bedroom. My leg hurt when I tried to lift the mattress to fix the sheets. But I got the room and the hall done. I was tired but happy.

We are both having sore joints and I think we are dehydrated. I have to remember to have both of us drink a lot more fluid. We seem to cut back how much we drink when the weather is cooler. 

Sewing

I got the pattern printed and pinned onto the fabric for the 1930's Frock. I cut out the sleeves yesterday and repinned them as I need 4 of them. I also cut out the front overlay piece this morning. 

I also hemmed the 2nd leg of the pair of pants for grandson. One pair left to go and I'm done until they need to be lengthened. The boy is growing again. 

Knitting

The socks are done and I'm really pleased with them. 

They are exactly the same length from the top of the cuffs to the toe grafting. I learned so much knitting these socks and have more to learn. 

I used under 125 grams of yarn in these socks. I have to weigh the left over skein to get the exact amount. 

Doing these socks has made me 

  • want to knit more socks
  • keep a journal of what I am knitting in which I can add pictures and a lot more information than I keep in my working book.

The left over yarn will be knit into a sweater for the Gotz dolls. I have the yarn to knit another pair of socks and am looking at patterns to knit. 

Today

I want to do more cleaning upstairs and a load of laundry. I want to cut out the test pattern and start sewing it and hem the second pair of pants. I will knit on the doll's sweater tonight. The biggest job is to keep hydrated. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment