Tuesday, September 07, 2021

A Project Sort of Day

 Yesterday was a grey wet day. The high got to 20C and we had about 3/10" of rain fall. There were some nice showers and some heavier rainfalls. This morning, the temperature is 14C. We are to have sunshine and a high of 21C. 

Lifestyle

I did a bit of housework and one load of laundry yesterday. The Spousal Unit picked tomatoes. It was dull and boring and we both felt like doing nothing. But we slugged ahead during the day doing a few things. 

We went out before lunch to deliver grandson's pants and shirts. It was a quick drive but it was a break from being inside. 

Sewing

I worked on the test pattern yesterday and I quite like it. I did the bodice first as it has an overlay. 

As I played with it, I can see some possibilities using 2 coordinating fabrics. I did look at the bodice with the bows on it 


I'm happy with the results. When I went to do the skirt, I questioned why it was done this way. Not a typical way for this designer to do her skirts. 

I love how the gathering of the skirt is on each side rather than across the whole front. The back of the skirt is plain. 

The back of the dress has no gatherings. I stopped at this point as I have to do the sleeves next. I like to start them when I'm fresh. 

Knitting

The doll's sweater is finished and I have no yarn left. 

I have to find 4 buttons for the back and then try it on the dolls. 

I can now start the next pair of socks. 

Today

I have laundry to fold and if enough time some housework. I want to get as much of the doll's dress done and start knitting the socks. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment