Monday, September 06, 2021

Charolette's Twinset

Yesterday wasn't too bad with a high of 18C. There was sunshine and clouds. The temperature this morning was 16C and we are to have showers today. 

Lifestyle

I did housework yesterday morning and had a few issues with my sore leg. It started when I tried to lift the mattress and after that I had to do things more carefully. I did clean the bathroom. Climbing the step stool to clean the exhaust fan was fine, flushing the toilet was more painful. It got done without too much pain. 

The Spousal Unit picked grape tomatoes yesterday and took them to our neighbors. The bigger tomatoes are starting to ripen and our friends will be making salsa out of them. We will be eating more fresh tomatoes at dinner.

Sewing

I cut out the test pattern and had to stop. My leg was sore and tired. It is ready for me to start sewing. I did find 4 small bows in the stash that match the fabric perfectly. They will be on the sleeves and bodice of the dress. 

Grandson's pants have been hemmed and are ready to be pressed and delivered. That little job took about 2 hours to do as I didn't want any stitches to show. Mission accomplished. 

Knitting

I weighed the yarn and had 29 grams left from the socks. I decided to knit a short sleeved top for the Gotz dolls. I've made it before and it is a quick knit. The pattern is called Charlotte's Twinset and is free on Ravelry.

I hemmed a leg of the pants, knit for a while, did the other leg and knit some more. By late afternoon I was this far on the sweater. 

It was mindless knitting with the markers put in. I just kept track of the rows with tally marks in my book. By 7:30 p.m. I had the first sleeve finished. 

I am now knitting a row across the front so the 2nd sleeve can be done. 

I spent some time while eating lunch getting the information down on the Hermoine's Everyday socks and ordered 3 traveler's notebooks from Amazon to keep track of what I'm knitting. I will add a picture of the finished project.

I have decided to follow along Knit A Sock With Me and will be doing the pattern from the Snake River Socks by Judy Becker. After these are done, I will do a pair of socks for grandson. I hope I've learned enough to make him a pair of socks using the pattern I normally use. 

Today

I am going to work on the budget, sew on the test pattern and knit on the doll's sweater.

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment