Saturday, September 25, 2021

A Busy Day

 Yesterday was another warm day with a high of 25.6C with a humidex of 30C. This morning it is cloudy and 19C. We are to have a high of 23C with drizzle or showers. 

Lifestyle

As we were to be out at 4:30 pm to see grandson play soccer, I changed our plans on what to do in the house. I did clean up in the dining area and swept a lot of floors. I also started to make a chicken stock that needs finishing today. Son came for a visit and we chatted with him for 45 minutes. The morning went by quickly.

We were to watch grandson's game and it was warm. Though the team didn't play that well, we saw grandson and another student do a few great moves. What those boys have learned is showing up in their games. 

There were 34 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. 56% of those cases are under investigation. 

Sewing

I swept the sewing room floor and put away everything for doll sewing. I spent quite a bit of time fixing a top for daughter-in-law but it is done and returned to her. The pinning and basting of a large insert took most of the time. The sewing was the easy part. 

There is another colonial pattern out to test by the same designer as the one I finished. I have downloaded the pattern and will proof read it. I won't be sewing it at the moment as I need to finish the cat's quilt. I had hoped it would be October's test pattern. I will sew it next month as I have all the materials for the pattern. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night as it was late when we got everything done. 

Today

It is a busy day doing chicken stock, tomatoes, laundry, and whatever else I find to do. I hope to sew and want to finish up the knitting project. We have grandson for dinner tonight. 

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment