Sunday, September 12, 2021

Cat Quilt Begun

 Yesterday was sunny with a high of 19C. This morning it was 12C when I got up. The sun is shining and it is to get to 24C. 

Lifestyle

I cleaned the kitchen to the best of my ability as my hip decided to flare up and hurt. Just the appliances need shining and the fridge cleaned. 

The Spousal Unit worked outside on the landscaping project. He got it done and, with the help of our neighbor, the edging is planned. Once done, he decided to bring the chop saw down from the shed to the garage alone. When he went to push the wheelbarrow up onto the driveway, it tipped over knocking him down. I went out to check on him and blew a gasket. 

He forgot to get me to help him move a big and awkward item. He dumped sod out of the wheelbarrow out onto the lawn and he got his leg bruised. I helped him get things done right and by the time we were done I was hurting to the point of crying and he was hurting and angry. It wasn't the best ending to an afternoon. 

My hip/leg is much better today after putting heat on it all night and taking Advil. I will survive but can't lift for a few days until the inflammation is gone. 

We had a lovely dinner with family last night and watched another episode of Clarkson Farm. It is a show we all enjoy and laugh over. 

Sewing

I worked on the cat's quilt yesterday and got the squares sewn together. I pressed all the seams open and took the time to match the seams. I am impressed with how it looks. 

I played around with borders for a bit before we went out and have decided on a 1" finished border in black and a 4.5" border in the yellow/grey/black print. The backing and binding will be the print as I started out with 5 meters of it and want to use it up as fast as possible.

The quilt will be about 30 x 36" when done. Quilting will be straight lines 1/4" each side of the seams. Very simple as this is for a cat. 

Knitting

I knit a few rows on the test pattern during the day but none in the evening. I was doing more pain control than knitting. 

Today

I need to clean the appliances and grunge out the fridge. Laundry needs folding and then I will work on the cat's quilt. Tonight I hope to knit on the test pattern. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment