Sunday, September 26, 2021

Tomatoes Are Done (As Was I)

 Though there were clouds, there was no rain. The high got to 24.5C with a humidex of 31C. This morning it is 20C with a humidex of 27C. The deck is wet (rain?) and it is muggy ugly outside. We are to have periods of rain or drizzle and 19C. We wait and see on the high temperature. 

Lifestyle

I put housework on hold and did tomatoes. I blanched, cut up and cooked enough to make about 16 cups for us. Those were put into containers and froze. Next up were the Roma tomatoes. They were blanched, cut up, cooked, and put through the the sieve for applesauce (no seeds in the tomato sauce), cooked down and froze in 2 big tubs for family. There was about 12 cups of that. Tomatoes were done about 2 p.m. as was I. The kitchen was clean when I was done.

The Spousal Unit has pulled all the tomatoes out of the gardening boxes. The ones left were not ripening properly. It is good to see them gone for this year. I did look out a couple of times while walking about after stretching and the Spousal Unit was doing a great job. 

My legs were tired and sore after being on them for hours. I stretched a lot but nothing worked. They were tired. This morning they are much better after a night of resting. Though I'm improving, the sciatic nerve is still acting up a bit. It will come and I need to keep moving and stretching to keep it strong.

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room working on the cat's quilt. It is now quilted ready for binding. 


The binding will be the print fabric as I have lots of it. I will almost be sad when this quilt is done as I have enjoyed the process of designing, sewing, and quilting it. It is, what a friend called, a happy quilt. 

I proof read the pattern yesterday morning while eating breakfast and found quite a few mistakes. Another person found a few more. 

Knitting

I was so tired last night that I didn't knit at all. It would have been a disaster. 

Today

It is rest day -- no housework at all. The plan is to work on the binding on the quilt, finish the knit test pattern, and rest. The only obligation I have is to make dinner. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment