Sunday, September 19, 2021

A New Test Pattern

Yesterday was warm and humid. The high got to 25.4C with a humidex of 33. This morning it is 14C and we had rain during the night. It is suppose to get to 19C and we could see periods of rain today.

Lifestyle

I got the kitchen cleaned up again yesterday. I even cleaned the oven as I want to keep it clean. Next week, I will run the steam clean cycle on it. As I cleaned the kitchen, I did a lot of laundry. The blankets used to cover the tomatoes and beans were done along with a load of clothes. 

The Spousal Unit picked tomatoes yesterday after we delivered about 30 lbs to our neighbors. We got 2 quarts of salsa in return. 

We worked hard on what we can control and I'm pleased with how we felt better mentally. We will continue to try and move forward on this front. 

Sewing

I headed down to the sewing room and worked on the test pattern. I got the petticoat cut out and the back seams finished with a Hong Kong finish. It won't take long to finish the skirt. The top will take longer as there are more pieces to cut and sew. 

The photo makes me think that light weight wool and linen was used and the top is lined with cotton.

I bought twice the amount of fabric needed for the skirt so will be using the rest for another historical outfit. I have blue fabric that looks awesome with it. 

I was over to visit with our neighbor. She has been quilting like crazy since her sister left and we shared projects. Her quilt is an art statement and lovely. I hope I can take a picture of it when she's done. I showed her the cat's quilt and she loved it. Called it a fun quilt for a spoiled cat. 

Knitting

The jumpsuit is done to blocking and buttons. I will never, ever knit it again. I will cast on the shawl next and get it done as fast as possible. I am so done with this test pattern that I won't see the end of it fast enough. 

Today

I am going to put all of the small ripe tomatoes into the blender and freeze them for sauces this winter. There has to be 10 lbs to do. I also want to finish the test pattern petticoat today and work on the test pattern shawl tonight. 

Until the next time.................................... 

No comments:

Post a Comment