Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Shopping Bag Almost Completed

Yesterday was dull and grey with showers. The high got to 18.5C and a 1/4" of rain fell. This morning it is still wet and 13C. We are to have showers today with rain tonight. 

Lifestyle

We had a busy morning yesterday. We headed out and got apples first. The Honey Crisp apples are almost ready to be on the shelves so we had to buy Sweet Tango to tide us over. 

The car got its oil change next. It certainly didn't take that long to do and we were on our way to get groceries. Once that was done, we headed down to the quilt shop where we ate our lunch. We were home by 1 p.m.

There were 32 new cases of the virus and 1 death reported yesterday. There were also 28 recoveries giving us 205 active cases. 

Sewing

The stop at the quilt shop was short and sweet. I got daughter 3 pieces of fabric for shirts. It was busy in the store with 10 cars in the parking lot and about 18 people inside. 

I spent a bit of time in the sewing room and just have a bit of hand sewing to do on the shopping bag. That will take all of 10 minutes to do. 

I am pleased with how it turned out and someone will enjoy it.

I will now clean up the cutting table and get ready to make piping for 2 days. Brain dead sewing for me. It will allow me to tackle the fabrics set aside for it so I can ship several bags to daughter in October. 

I will also get out the fabrics for the puppy's quilt/blanket. I haven't got it exactly designed in my head but I know it will be 6" squares and will fit onto a meter of fleece for the backing. 

Knitting

I knit 32 rows on the socks (16 rows on each sock) and am ready to start the heel flap. 

I am enjoying the pattern as it isn't difficult. I am reading both the pattern and the graph when I'm knitting on the socks but often know what to do when I finish a round. 

The Spousal Unit and I were talking about the yarn stash. I've bought very little yarn this year and am knitting up what I have. I hope to continue knitting it up as I do have some nice yarn in the stash. I know I will have to buy some for projects which is okay. 

Today

It is finish the bedroom day (laundry) and do the budget. This afternoon, I will sew piping and will knit tonight. We have to pick up grandson, be at their house for dinner and this evening. I can knit at their house. 

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment