Friday, September 24, 2021

Sewing Test Pattern Completed

Yesterday was actually hot with a high of 26 and a humidex of 30C. The sun shone and it was warm to be outside. This morning it is 16C which is warm for us. We are to have another lovely day with a high of 24C.

Lifestyle

I started the morning out by running the clean cycle on the washing machine when I got up. By the time I started housework, it was done and ready for a load of laundry. I continued to work in our bedroom and got the furniture cleaned. Once it was done, I washed the windows and frames and the ceiling fan. The floor was dry mopped, along with the bathroom, hall, and kitchen. I was done. It was a good morning's work for me.

The Spousal Unit went to mow the lawn yesterday and the mower quit after 10 minutes. When the repair man arrived, it worked like a charm for me. I went out after a bit and started to mow and it quit. I phoned and kept mowing and starting the machine when it quit. The fellow arrived and we need a new starting coil. Back to the shop it goes today. 

 My sciatic nerve is healing though it does get tired. When I did the stretching exercises yesterday, there was very little pain. Just tiredness and some numbness in my lower leg. I am trying to do more each day to strengthen it. 

There were 41 new cases and 1 new death reported yesterday. There were 20 recoveries and we have 147 cases in the province. 

Sewing

I spent just over 2 hours in the sewing room and finished the test pattern. My hands were cramping up as I had to clamp small pieces very tightly to keep them in place while I pinned. The end result is better than I expected. 

I'm now ready to sweep the floor, put away dolly sewing and quilt the cat's quilt. This was a fun pattern and I enjoyed the time I spent on it. I'm ready for the next test which will be from the same designer. 

The cat's quilt will be my focus for the next few days as I need to get it done and onto the last pet quilt for Christmas gifts. 

Knitting

The shawl was done last night and I may loose playing yarn chicken on the purse. I did knit about 45 rows last night even with cramping hands. This pattern was way too much and the time line was way too short. I may just skip testing next month as I'm tired of the pressure put on testers. 

I am looking forward to getting back to knitting socks. They have been patiently waiting for me to finish the test pattern. 

Today

The goal is to finish the bedroom (bedding and floors), clean off the dining table, and do quilt after I clean the sewing room. We are out late this afternoon to grandson's soccer game which we are excited to go to. I may or may not knit tonight. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment