Saturday, September 04, 2021

A Bit Of Knitting and Sewing

Yesterday was a nicer day with little to no rain falling. The high got to 17.6C. This morning it was 10C. We are to see a high of 15C today with some showers. It is going to creep up to the mid 20's this week. 

Lifestyle

I headed into Dartmouth in the morning so daughter-in-law could pick up a rental car. I got some things we needed and was home just after noon. I did notice shopping just before school starts means hunting for certain items at more than one store. Electronic accessories were pretty much wiped out. I did get what I needed. 

My leg wasn't too sore while shopping but it did get tired. As the day progressed, it did get worse but this morning I'm almost pain free. I've used the hot water bottle a lot on my leg and wedged against my back while sleeping. I'm hoping it is helping relax things so they heal. 

There were 5 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. The number of active cases has dropped to 55 which is good. The state of emergency has been renewed also. 

Sewing

I pinned up and hand sewed one leg on grandson's school pants. I used silk thread and tiny stitches so no thread shows on the right side. After that was done, I had a rest but didn't sleep. 

Knitting

I did knit on the socks late yesterday afternoon and evening. They are coming along nicely. They may be done by mid week. 

I have decided to get a journal to keep track of my knitting projects. All the information I need plus a picture of the finished project. That way I can refer back to it if and when I want to do another project. I may keep a separate journal for doll's knitting. Right now I have a book that I keep track of the yarn, needle size and tally marks. I will add a few notes to the page if necessary. I do refer back to this book when I knit a project again but I don't put in pictures or a lot of other information. I will keep this book as it is my messy workbook that I use while knitting. It has a purpose.

Today

I hope to do some clean up, hem grandson's pants and knit. I would like to print off a doll's pattern and prep it to cut out and sew. I'd like to take a few pictures also.

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment