Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Test Pattern Progress

Yesterday it was lovely and sunny. The high got to 20C. This morning the temperature was 7C. At 4:30 am, there was thick fog and by 6:30 am, it had cleared away. It is to be another nice day. 

Lifestyle

My hip/leg wasn't too sore yesterday morning so I hustled around and did a few things. A load of laundry, some bathroom cleaning, and tidying up the kitchen. I was done in good time and then did the budget for August. I did a couple of stupid mistakes - number reversals. It is done to where I needed to be. 

While I was cleaning the kitchen, the Spousal Unit decided to monitor Elliott out on the deck. It could have turned into a 6 hour job as someone decided it was nap time in the warm sunshine. 

Elliott has really improved and is feeling better. He is still on medication for a while yet. I put the pills into chicken flavored pill poppers and he eats them out of my hand, gets his treat, and then has his meal. I'm thrilled that he is being so good about taking his medication. 

The Spousal Unit pulled out and bagged up all the grape tomato plants. They are done for the year and now he can dig the box up ready for next year. He is watching the beans as there are some about 3" long on the plants. We covered them and the Roma tomato plants last night as there was a risk of frost. 

There were 55 new cases of the virus reported for Friday to today. There were 88 recoveries in that time period. There are 8 people in the hospital with 0 of them in ICU. There is community spread also. 

Sewing

I spent 2.5 hours in the sewing room and left when my hip/leg started to get sore from sitting so long in one position. I got the top cut out and the outer layer sewn. 

It wasn't too hard to do but I have to remove the lace from one side and put another piece on so the points match. 

I'm quite in love with this pattern as it is well designed and really nice to sew. I did hand baste the sleeve cap pieces in place before inserting the sleeves. 

The lining is ready for the sleeves to be inserted. There is a peplum to add to the bottom.

There will be another Keepers Dolly Dud's pattern out to test in the near future. It is another Colonial era outfit and I will be testing it. 

Knitting

I knit and knit and have 110 rows knit on the shawl. I'm tired of it already and have many more rows to go though I'm over halfway done. 

Today

My focus today is to do some work in our bedroom, more on the budget (pay bills), sew on the doll's pattern, and knit on the shawl. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment