Friday, September 10, 2021

An Inside Day - 3" of Rain

 Yesterday was a grey and damp day. It was kind of depressing until evening when it started to rain heavily. Every time we heard a clap of thunder, it would rain heavily for a bit. 3" of rain fell. The high got to 25.3C with a humidex of 33C. This morning it is 22C with a humidex of 30C. It was raining when I got up but has since stopped. The high is to get to 21C with a humidex of 29C. 

Lifestyle

I was out this morning to shop at 7 a.m. and there are 2 big gravel washouts covering our road. The store has water on the floor where the roof leaked. The joys of heavy rain.

I spent time cleaning the guest room. I got the file box that we keep paperwork in and purged the useless paper out of it. I also wiped down a table, put items into one of our closets and washed the window. I still have more to go before I can paint the walls but it is coming along. 

There were 17 new cases of virus reported yesterday with a total of 74 cases. I spent some time trying to find our vaccination cards but it was a futile search. I can get proof of vaccination on a full sheet of paper but no small card to cut out and laminate. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon hand sewing the binding down on the dog's blanket. I have about 24" left to do when I quit for the day. 

This blanket is big, bigger than I thought it was going to be. I'm sure a person and a dog will sleep under it. And to think, it all came out of the stash. 

The cat's quilt is next and I'm looking forward to it. I have to sweep the sewing room floor first. 

Knitting

I knit off and on during the day. I got the socks done to the end of the first pattern and they are nice.

Last night I knit the 2nd pattern on the first sock and the pattern is looking nicer. 

I want these done by the end of the month as I need to knit more items for Christmas gifts. 

I have a test pattern to knit starting today so knitting the socks will be slowed down. I need to find yarn for the test pattern. 

Today

We have to go out and vote (federal this time) and I hope to do a bit more purging in the guest room. This afternoon I need to finish the dog's blanket and sweep the sewing room. After that it will be knitting on the socks and test pattern. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment