Friday, September 17, 2021

Mental and Physical Fatigue

The weather has turned to fall as the temperatures have been in the low 20C range. The nights can be cool but they can be warmer depending on the weather system at the time. Yesterday was dampish with a high of 21C. This morning, it is 13C and we could see a shower or two during the day. 

Lifestyle

Wednesday was a write off. After getting our hair cut, we came home and sank into our chairs with little to no energy. Was it because of Elliott? Or the large number of cases on Tuesday? Or a mild case of depression? We aren't sure but we realize it was mental exhaustion.

Yesterday I was to the city to get groceries. The Spousal Unit was home alone and it was good for both of us. I was tired when we got home and rested. The Spousal Unit had watered the lawn and was tired also. This was physical exhaustion though there was some mental exhaustion also. 

I am trying to take our minds off what is happening by talking about a lot of other things and finding good stories to read. I'm also trying to move us forward to doing more things here so we can be more productive during the day and spend less time reading the news. 

Though my leg is feeling better, it painful when tired. I'm stretching it a lot and putting heat on it. The pain is more around my knee with a bit up in my thigh. Not like it was. 

There were 6 new cases reported on Wednesday. Yesterday there were 34 new cases yesterday. Most of these are in a defined unvaccinated group/community in the northern health zone. There are signs of community spread in the province. 

Sewing

I haven't been in the sewing room much the last 2 days. I was too tired to quilt or sew. 

There is a new pattern to test and it is from the designer I like. I will try to test it as it is one I've been waiting for for a long time. Yes, months of waiting. 

Knitting

I have been knitting and am on the bodice of the jumpsuit. I'm not sure about the combination of stitches. The legs have one pattern, the bodice another. Over the past year I've noticed that the patterns being published are for intermediate knitters with very few for beginning knitters. There are no simple basic patterns for wardrobe builders which is sad. 

Today

I will be busy in the kitchen today. This afternoon will be spent out and I will knit tonight. I am going to be looking for fabric for the test pattern I want to sew, either from the stash or the quilt shop. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment