Thursday, September 23, 2021

More Done On Both Test Patterns

 Yesterday was a sunny and warmer day with a high of 24.5C. There was a humidex of 28C. This morning it is 13C and we will have sun and clouds and a high of 24C. 

Lifestyle

We headed out to shop yesterday morning and were home at noon. With the store getting crowded, we were happy to leave. We are okay for groceries until Tuesday when I'll run in and get a few items after the car is serviced. 

I spent the afternoon running up and down the stairs (inside and out) helping the Spousal Unit with the lawn mower. It worked well for a time and then started to quit when we put it into self propel. After trying out different scenarios, I called the shop and they are picking it up today to fix. 

I was exhausted last night as my sciatic nerve really flared up doing the stairs so often. I sat on the bed doing stretching exercises and cried. But, it helped immensely as I had very little pain after they were done and slept for 6 hours before getting up to the bathroom. While in pain, I did get the kitchen cleaned up and the garbage out ready for pick up today. I'm trying to establish some good evening habits even if they are done in pain.

There were 19 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There were 29 recoveries which is good. It seems as if we may be moving into Phase 5 on Oct. 4 but with a mask mandate. 

Sewing

I didn't get as much done as I had hoped on the test pattern due to the lawn mower. I got the fichu made and on the doll. I also did the lacing up the front.

I'm really pleased with the look. I cut out the apron and got it hemmed. It is ready to gather and put on the waistband/ties. Once done, it is just the hat left to make. 

Knitting

I am 20 rows short of finishing the shawl. I didn't knit as much last night but I did knit. I may have enough yarn to knit the purse. 

Today

The goal is to work in our bedroom dusting and cleaning. I have to work on the test patterns in hopes that I can get them both almost done today. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment