Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Elliott is Recovering

 Yesterday was another lovely day with a high of 21C. This is my favorite weather -- cooler and sunny. This morning it was 13C and we are to have a high of 19C. 

Lifestyle

Elliott was to the vet just after 8 a.m. and it was busy. They took Elliott and called me 2 hours later to confirm he had a bladder infection and that his bladder was full. He was tended to and we picked him up at 2 p.m. He was not a happy boy and ignored us in his dopey state. 

He had his medication, medicated food and used his litter box several times. He is feeling much better this morning. 

I did get all the appliances shined up as I needed something to do. They do look nice when done. I will be working in the kitchen today to do a bit more. 

There were 74 new cases reported over the weekend with a total of 125 active cases. There is a community cluster in one region and community spread in another. There are also cases of the virus in the school. We have a briefing today to find out what will be happening. 

Sewing

I did get the cat's quilt sandwiched. I used the cutting table and clipped the backing down on three sides and taped the 4th. I laid the batting on top and clipped it down. The top was smoothed on. 


I pinned down the top in preparation to quilt it. 

This is such an easy way to sandwich a quilt and I didn't have to get down onto the floor. Hurrah!!

Knitting

I did a lot of knitting after Elliott came home as I had to monitor him. I am over half done the 2nd leg. Knowing the pattern is great as I only had to check once in a while to make sure I was doing it correctly. I am also at the same stage as another tester so am not feeling too badly about being a slow knitter. And, no one has finished it yet. 

Today

I am going to work in the kitchen this morning as I can keep an eye on Elliott. I want to start quilting the cat's quilt and will knit later this afternoon and evening. It is a stay at home day for us. 

Until the next time.......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment