Saturday, September 18, 2021

My Circle Of Control

 Yesterday was a nice day with a high of 22.8C. We had no moisture. This morning it was 18C when we got up and it feels humid outside. It is suppose to get to about 22C with a humidex of 29C today. Showers could happen today and are suppose to happen tonight. 

Lifestyle

We had a discussion yesterday about our mental health. We are now focusing on what we can control and trying to let everything else be just news. It is hard to do but we are trying.  We do talk to each other to remind ourselves we can't control what is happening outside of our own lives. 

I've reverted us back to this to help us move forward.

After getting the meat repackaged and into the freezer, we headed out for a while in the morning. It was a break from the house for us. 

I was tired (mentally) yesterday and had a nap in the afternoon. The Spousal Unit slept away the evening due to mental and physical fatigue. My hip is getting better though it still has spells of numbing pain. There is less pain this morning but we wait and see what happens today. I'm hoping that the nerve is healing. 

There were 18 new cases of the virus and 29 recoveries reported yesterday. The state of emergency has been extended to Oct. 3. We have 73.2% of the overall population has been double vaccinated. We are slowly getting to the 75% target. 

Sewing

One of the places we went to was the quilt shop. I haven't been in there for a long time. I did buy fabric for a test pattern that I want to start today. I stepped outside my comfort zone and bought beige. A bit scary but appropriate for this project. Once this project is done, I will return to the cat's quilt. 

Knitting

I am on the last back piece of the jumpsuit. I will be happy to see this project done though I still have the shawl and purse to make. I will be knitting like crazy this weekend to get a lot of it done. I'm missing knitting on the socks. 

Today

I have laundry and housework to do this morning. I want to cut out the skirt of the test pattern and get it sewn this afternoon and knit tonight. I'm behind due to resting my sore back/hip/leg. 

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment