Monday, September 20, 2021

Petticoat Completed

Yesterday started off with a good rain and then it cleared up and was sunny and windy all day. The high got to 19.9C. This morning it was 7C and clear.

Lifestyle

I got all the ripe grape tomatoes put through the blender and into bags to use in chili and stews this winter. The kitchen was cleaned up and I was happy to have that job over with. Carrots are to be done towards the end of the week.

My hip/leg was better yesterday. It was a bit sore now and again but much better than it has been. Even my back wasn't too sore. It gets tired and sore at the end of the day which is to be expected. 

My IBS has flared up some and my sleep habits have been poor due to the flare ups. I'm not sure if it is food or unconsciously worrying about the 4th wave. I've been much better about not trying to fix the world but I still think I'm worrying hoping we are doing our part. I did have a nap yesterday afternoon for half an hour as I was tired from being up during the night. 

I have to get back to cleaning the house now my leg/hip/back is improving. I've been keeping the kitchen clean even if it means being in a lot of pain doing it. I do feel a bit overwhelmed as I haven't been able to do a lot. But I will add a bit to the list every day.

Sewing

I worked on the test petticoat (skirt) and it was an easy sew. A bit time consuming but easy. It is completed and fits the doll well. I may have to move the snap for a fatter doll. 

I laid out the top fabric to press and then will start it. It is a cream and beige diagonal stripe which will add some texture to the outfit. 

Knitting

I started the shawl and it is almost 200 rows in length. One person has completed the test and I'm sure she must have knit 8 hours a day. I just can't do that. At this time, I have over 40 rows knit on the shawl and it has been time consuming.

Today

It is budget day and that will keep me busy until noon. Sewing this afternoon and knitting tonight. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment