Thursday, April 23, 2020

Eliott Was Knitting

The weather has been sunny, cloudy, windy, snowy, rainy and if you can think of any thing else, it was probably that too. The high yesterday was 10C and that was probably in the middle of the night. It cooled off to about 4C during the day. This morning we are having flurries. 

Lifestyle

We ordered meat and it was delivered by daughter-in-law yesterday. We should be good until July or August. Have seen that the packages we ordered are no longer available so are happy to have ours in the freezer. 
I cleaned the bathroom and will wash the floor when I have a bit more area swept and ready to wash. 
The number of cases of the virus went up yesterday but most are in one nursing home. The rest are scattered throughout the province. The chief medical officer stated that community spread has lessened but it doesn't mean that we can loosen the restrictions yet. We continue to hunker down in self isolation for a while longer. 

Sewing

I threw the first Chatty Chicken into the garbage can. The first tail feather had an issue. I did the second one and monitored that area and caught it just as the rat's nest started to form. The chicken was completed with no other problems. 
There are areas that need to be fixed when I do another picture. The double trace is not where the stitching is meaning I had the embroidery either inside or outside the drawing line. 
You can see it on the body too. 
For a first attempt, I was told it was a good job. Now onto the next project - digitizing tulips. 

Knitting

I cast on a doll's sweater to knit. A fast knit to go with a dress I made. I'm almost ready to divide it for sleeves. 
Elliott decided to knit also. He did it right in front of us and laughed at us. He knew he had done wrong when I spoke to him. He does this to me every so often when he's mad at me. 
He laid in that spot all night and ignored me while I wound the yarn into a ball. 

Today

This morning I am going to do budget and pay bills. This afternoon I am going to sew on the doll's coat and then it's knitting on the doll's sweater. Hunkering down today is fine as the weather is horrid out there. 
Until the next time......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment