Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Chatty Chicken Stitching Out

Yesterday the weather was both sunny and cloudy. The high got to 11C but the wind was cool. Today it is sunny and the temperature at 6 am was -1C. 

Lifestyle

It was a sad day yesterday as the news of the senseless shooting unfolded. The number of victims rose to 18 and some were identified. They also stated they have 16 sites to process and the numbers will go up. 
Demitri Neonakis did the heart over the province before it landed at Halifax. 
The number of positive virus cases also went up to 46. Approximately 50% of them are in a nursing home. A lot of effort is going in by community to get the home cleaned, those sick isolated, and those recovered into a hotel. On the whole, the numbers are flattening in the province. But, we have a long way to go before restrictions are lifted. 
The Spousal Unit worked on the puzzle and got quite a few pieces put in. When I looked, I found 2-3 more to go in before we called it an afternoon. 

Sewing

I finished sewing the last of the masks by noon yesterday. The company did not need any more. I happily stopped and didn't take a picture of the last 6. I will try to do it today. 
In the afternoon, I set up the embroidery component on the machine and started stitching out Chatty Chicken. It is a very dense stitch but a fun one. 
I found out that there is a better embroidery foot for my machine and that I need to get a different plate. I was told the embroidery will improve dramatically. Will try to order them soon. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night as I was upset and sad. I just sat and did nothing exciting. 

Today

I need to clean the kitchen, finish Chatty Chicken, and knit. I'm hoping that I can go back to my old routine. 
Until the next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment