Thursday, April 16, 2020

A Productive Day

Yesterday was a cloudy day until late. Then it cleared off and the sun shone. The high got to 8C. This morning it is 0C and the sun is shining. 

Lifestyle

I made a crockpot of Boston baked beans. I did a few things differently. I soaked the beans for 12 hours and then cooked them between 20-40 minutes. Then I drained them, put in the crock pot and add the remaining ingredients except the salt pork. I used ham and a ham bone. I cooked on high for 4 hours and low for 6 hours. An hour before dinner I put in a piece of ham I wanted to slice for our dinner and added about 1/4-1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Just before serving, I removed the ham bones and the piece of ham and stirred the beans good. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. 
The number of positive cases were down from Tuesday and most are in the one health zone - the one we live in. We will be on lock down for another 6 weeks and probably more. 

Sewing

I finished the 5 plaid masks yesterday. While I had red thread on the machine, I cut out two more and finished them. 

Both are from left over fabric from an item I made for the fall fair. There is nothing left of it. Both have the same fabric though the ties are different. They were a fun make and I'm happy to see the fabric used up. 

Knitting

I finished the white sweater to sewing on 2 buttons. I am happy to have it off the needles as it wasn't one of my favorite knits. 
I worked on the red sweater and got a few rows knit on it, then unknit due to an extra stitch and then reknit and more done. 
I will now focus on knitting it and hope to have it done in a few days. 

Today

Groceries will arrive this morning and after they are dealt with, I plan on cutting out a bunch of masks. I'm hoping to cut out 9 of them. I will also knit on the doll's sweater and photograph the white sweater. 

No comments:

Post a Comment