Sunday, April 26, 2020

Lacking Energy

Yesterday was a lovely sunny day. The high got to 13C and there wasn't as much wind. This morning it was -2C at 6 a.m. and it is suppose to get to 15C. They are warning us we can get rain or snow for the next two days. 

Lifestyle

I had a hard time getting going yesterday morning. I just couldn't get going. I spent some time dressing two of the dolls and got enough energy to sweep the floors. 
The Spousal Unit did much better than I did. He sprayed some weeds and checked our seeds. I did phone one of the nurseries for him about ordering seedlings later next month. He also worked on the puzzle and I did sneak out and put in 6 pieces.
There was only a written brief on the virus yesterday. Fifteen cases was a pretty small number especially when they reported 965 swabs were processed. The sad part was 6 people died from the disease. Five in one nursing home and one in the Eastern health region. More families feeling pain. 
Elliott moved from one sunny spot to another all day. He ended up in the living room. 
He was twitching as he was dreaming. We laughed when his mouth started to twitch. 

Sewing

I worked on the doll's coat yesterday and hate the buttonholes. I may rip them out as they are not cut. 
I'll do snaps and sew buttons on the top of the snaps. That plus the hat are left and I will be finished. 
The Spousal Unit mentioned that I sure had a lot of fabric left in the stash. It's less as I will have sewn 40.65 meters by the end of this month. I will have to worry about thread before I will have to worry about fabric. 

Knitting

While dressing the dolls in the morning, I did a small photo shoot. 
Laura got to wear the white sweater that was too tight on Jennie. It is a perfect late spring/summer sweater. 
If I was making it again, and I won't be, I'd add another 3/4" to the sleeves. 
Lily got to wear the other sweater with a dress I made last year. The yarn is a sports weight and a quick knit. 
I started the next test pattern and I have to try it on the AG dolls for a fit. I would have to use smaller needles to have it fit the Gotz girls. We will see if I get to do that. I have a pattern in the stash I want to make as I've bought while living in Kamloops. 
I did check my yarn stash and I have lots of yarn for this year. I'm okay in that department. 

Today

I'm going to sew this morning and we are going for a short drive this afternoon. It is our weekly outing to get off the property. I call it our mental health day. 
Until the next time......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment