Thursday, April 02, 2020

Trying to Stay Motivated

Yesterday started off with rain showers and it quit to be a grey day. It did brighten up a bit in the afternoon. This morning it was raining when I got up but it stopped and started again. We are to have periods of rain or drizzle today. 

Lifestyle

I cleaned up the kitchen yesterday and wiped down the counters to keep them sanitized. I started in the dining room and got quite a bit done in that space. The windows were washed, the table scrubbed, and the moulding at the top of the doors all wiped down well. I didn't get the curtains shook as it was raining. I might get creative and try today so I can finish up the area. I also did a load of laundry. 
The Spousal Unit is nearing the end of the puzzle but is working on the sky. It is hard and if the lighting is wrong, it's hard to match the pieces. He wants to get it done as he has enjoyed doing it. 

Sewing

I am finding it hard to be motivated but pushed myself yesterday. I put together a pattern and laid the pieces on the fabric. 
The piece below the tie is for more hat pieces. The rest of the fabric is for another project. 
I hunted in the stash and am using this for the lining. 
The bias will be made out of this also. I don't know why I bought this fabric but it is now exiting the doll's stash. 
I also worked on Chatty Chicken. When I started to do the fill on the comb, the whole picture was covered in the stitch design. Result - one line didn't meet another line and it was a leak. I started again and then again. I deleted files to help me use the right ones. During the night, I kicked myself as I figured out how to fix those leaks. I can move forward now and fix as I go. Another big lesson learned. 

Knitting

I printed out the written instructions and made good progress on the sweater. I did have to unknit a row and a bit to fix a bobble placement. I don't mind knitting using a chart (did that on the last sweater) but I hate it when I have to switch back and forth between 4 charts and a row of instructions for each row knit. I'm ready to start row 18 today.

Today

We have a telephone appointment with our doctor this morning and then I will try to finish up the dining area. Curtains will come down and I will dash outside to shake them when it isn't raining. Furniture will be cleaned and floor washed with bleach and soap. This afternoon, I want to cut out the coat and work on Chatty Chicken. Tonight is more knitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment