Friday, April 10, 2020

More Masks

Yesterday was a lovely day with a high of 10C. Last night the wind blew and kept waking me up. This morning it was 3C and snow on the ground. The weather is to be unsettled until Sunday. 

Lifestyle

The Easter Bunny has been deemed an Essential Service. 
Yesterday I cleaned some more in the living area. I wiped down half of the couch and did the floor under it. All of the floors were washed again yesterday. Yes, our house smelled of bleach once again. 
The Spousal Unit worked on the puzzle and got quite a few pieces in. I spent some time putting together some and finding a few to attach to the edge pieces. 

Sewing

I spent a good part of the afternoon in the sewing room. I made one mask that has pleats. I used this pattern and video. I love how she folds her pleats and it is easy to do. 
I opened it up to show how it looks when worn. I'm not modeling this as the mask is going to a cancer patient. 
I was so proud of myself for having three masks done when the lady said her son is 9 years old. The little mask is too small for him. 
I will make a feather one in an adult size for the lady and I'm making this one for her son. 
This is fussy cut so he has the horses on his mask. I'll make him another one with horses on it also. 
I've been a bit worried about sewing machine needles and black thread. I wanted to shop Canadian but what I want is not available. I finally shopped through Amazon. I have enough of what I bought to last until they arrive. 

Knitting

I unknit one of the sweaters (not the white one) as I had made a mistake. I knit on it last night but am not quite caught up. I'm not happy with myself as I didn't read the pattern correctly. 

Today

Laundry, finishing the living area, sewing and knitting. I'm going to cut out several masks so I can sew with brown thread. I have brown cotton for the ties and enough elastic for them. I have to hunt in the garage for plant ties to put in nose pieces. Knitting tonight. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment