Sunday, April 19, 2020

Success In The Sewing Room

Yesterday was cloudy with a high of 7C. This morning it is 0C, windy, and fairly clear. The high today is to reach 8C. 

Lifestyle

Life has been hard on both of us and we need to get out again this afternoon. It was difficult to read that there were 43 more cases confirmed and 3 deaths yesterday. We are coming to the time where the disease should spike and numbers will be high. The state of emergency has been extended once again and rightfully so. 
I did have success with the sewing room tv yesterday. On Friday the big tv had no sound and I rebooted the modem. When I turned on the big tv, it worked so the issue was corrected. But the little tv would not respond. So, yesterday I set about to check if it was its receiver. I unhooked it and left it for 5 minutes while trying to figure out if it could be hooked up to the big tv. A lot of work so I just hooked it back up to the small tv, sighed, turned it all on again, adjusted the sound, and, voila, it worked. The receiver just needed extra time off to adjust to the modem. I have noise again in the sewing room. 

Sewing

It was another long day in the sewing room. I got 8 ties folded and put on 4 masks. This fabric came out of the doll's bin. There is enough left to make a basic dress for the dolls. 
The next 6 were prepped and 3 got finished. 
The last three plaid ones are ready to be finished this morning. 
I have 6 more ready for the ties and then it will be on to making 11 more. That will be the end of the mask making for me. I'm looking forward to sewing for the dolls. 

Knitting

I finished the body of the sweater I am testing. I put on the buttons to see what it looked like closed. Very cute. 
The first sleeve is cast on and ready to knit. 

Today

The last 3 masks will be finished and the next 6 will have the ties prepped. This afternoon we will go out for a drive and I will knit tonight. We need a break from the house once again. 
Until the next time.........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment