Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Doll Dress Completed

Yesterday was a snowy day. We watched big fat wet snowflakes fall to the ground and we watched small wet snowflakes fall to the ground. It snowed for 21 hours and we got about 6" of snow. It is clearing off this morning and here's hoping we see the snow melt. 

Lifestyle

Snow makes for good self-isolation. We saw one child trying to build something in their yard yesterday afternoon and at 8 p.m. two children were out building a snowman. It was still light enough to do that. Otherwise the street was empty. 
I spent the morning cleaning up and got the floors washed with bleach and soap. I still need to dust and do the stairs. I also did a load of laundry. I also spent an hour on the puzzle with the Spousal Unit. I got in several pieces and filled a few holes up. 
We had 15 new cases of the virus and 3 related deaths reported yesterday. No signs of opening up anything before the long weekend in May. And maybe not then. The positive was - 57% of all cases have recovered. Are we flattening the curve? Yes but we will see spikes while this happens. 

Sewing

I finished up the doll's dress yesterday. I cut all but 1/2" of the bottom stripe off, serged the raw edge and folded it up to form a hem. I left a tiny bit showing to add an element of surprise. 
The bodice lining was hand stitched into place and the back had a larger snap sewn on for a closure as I don't like velcro. The bow was made and hand sewn on top of the snap. 
I am pleased that I got this pattern to work for the Gotz dolls. Using up scraps was a bonus. The pattern was put away for future use of scraps.
I have finished sewing for this month. I will spend the rest of the month tidying up the sewing room, refolding fabric and putting away notions that are lying around. I am also still thinking about what I want to do next which may be sewing a lot slower and enjoy the process. I have a few scraps I want to sew up for the dolls so they are gone from the stash. 

Knitting

The sweater is coming along and I'm now working on the body. If I make it again, I will go down a needle size for a closer fit. 

Today

The goal today is to dust, do another load of laundry, clean the front entrance, and start cleaning up the sewing room. I hope to work some on the puzzle and knit tonight. 
Until the next time......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment