Tuesday, April 28, 2020

And......It Snowed

Yesterday was a very dull grey day with rain. It was dismal looking all day. This morning we woke to snow on the ground. 
It was snowing at 1:30 a.m. when I got up and it has been snowing since then. 

Lifestyle

Elliott has been asking to go out in the mornings to look around the deck. This morning he stopped short of asking when he saw this out the back door. 
The dull weather had both of us feeling sluggish. The Spousal Unit got mad at his iPad at noon. I got upset about that but tried to keep it to myself. On the other hand, I wasn't as sad as I've been. We may hit a balance around here one day. 
We did talk yesterday about what we can control and what we can't. We can't control others going out to do things but we can control our movements to be safe through social distancing and staying at home. We can't shop but we can control how often our daughter-in-law shops for us (once a week). It helped me out a lot and I let go of some of my worries. 
I spent some time working on our family tree. I get the library's version free at home and I am having fun fleshing out some of the limbs. I know that some of the people went to the US but it was surprising to find some went to Alberta and BC. 

Sewing

I worked on a dress for the Gotz dolls; the Garden Tea Dress. I reduced the pattern to 95% and added 1/4" to the bodice. I used up left over fabric from the last reading pillow I made. I got it done to hand sewing the bodice lining to the skirt. 
The fit is really good but I am going to remove the stripe from the bottom of the dress. I don't like it. If I make it again, I will add another 1/4" to the bodice for length. Overall I am happy with the fit and will put the pattern away for future coordinating scraps. 
When I'm done with this dress, I am going to clean the sewing room and spend some time folding fabric and working on the puzzle. I need a break from sewing before I tackle May's list. 
The one thing I have thought about in the sewing room during this time is my stash. I still have a love/hate relationship with it. I still want to sew it up and enjoy buying new fabric. But, I do appreciate the stash as I can sew every day. I appreciate it as it is making me think creatively and outside of the box. I also question do I need to sew 100 meters this year? Or should I slow down and enjoy the process more? Use more fancy stitches on my machine? Draft a few doll patterns? Or sew a few of the doll patterns I put aside while trying to sew down the stash? I am thinking daily on these questions and on others I think about. 

Knitting

I worked on the sweater last night and got the left sleeve finished. I stopped as I was having issues getting to the right sleeve. Read the instructions wrong so can carry on again today. 

Today

It is housework this morning, sewing this afternoon and knitting tonight. Same routine but am looking forward to a bit of a change tomorrow if the doll's dress is done. 
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment