Monday, April 06, 2020

A Mask and A Drive But Not a Masked Drive

Yesterday was sunny and warm with a high of 10C. Today is cloudy with some showers but is suppose to get to 10C again. We wait and see. 

Lifestyle

Early in the morning someone chalked this message on our street. 
We went out for a long drive yesterday afternoon. Was gone 90 minutes. We noted that our little town was dead quiet except for the grocery and drug stores. We took the old highway and noticed other towns were quite also. At the edge of one town, people were out walking using social distancing. Even the town we do a bit of shopping in was quiet. But the highways were busy with people out enjoying a Sunday afternoon drive. 
We were home in time to listen to the daily briefing. A few less cases in the past 24 hours (good), a dozen fines handed out, and we need to hunker down and stay home. It seems as if drives on nice days is being dissuaded. 
People have taken the premier's phrase "Stay the Blazes Home" and have put it on t-shirts, mugs, and even shower curtains. Sale profits go to health care workers, homeless shelters, and the main food bank. 

Sewing

I made another mask using a different pattern. I watched the video as well as following the instructions. I made the 10-12 year old size and know the adult size will fit me if I need to make them that size. 
I like that they are contoured to fit your face better. 
I am making one more of this size for daughter-in-law. I will use the cat fabric so she knows at a glance they are hers. I haven't heard of a need for masks in our local community. 

Knitting

I worked on the sweater and am almost done the first sleeve. As the needles I need is free, I'm going to cast on the other pattern. I'm going to do one in the late afternoon and the other at night. I need to move forward with both of the patterns and I've done this before. 

Today

The plan is to start cleaning the living room. I want to start at the windows and move towards the dining area. This afternoon I will work on the doll's coat and cut out the next mask. Knitting late this afternoon and evening. 
Until the next time...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment