Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Two Lots of Masks Completed; More to Make

Yesterday was a warm, cloudy day that had a few showers. The high got to almost 14C and the rain fall wasn't much. It stayed warm last night, the wind blew and this morning it was 13C at 6 a.m. It is suppose be nicer today. 

Lifestyle

No housework was done. Elliott decided to sleep and keep out from underfoot. 
The Spousal Unit worked on the puzzle and it is a hard one. He gets frustrated but still persists getting a few pieces together at each sitting. 
I'm getting a handle on the stats for Covid-19 in our province. There were 29 more cases and 1 death reported yesterday. Our case numbers are low and read like rolling hills; up and down. But the Chief Medical Officer stated that of all the cases tested daily (between 800-1000), only 2% are coming back positive. That is remaining constant which is good. I think it is making it harder to determine when the peak will be reached or if the provincial percentage will remain as is and then decrease in numbers. I wait and see. 

Sewing

I finished the last of the masks yesterday afternoon. My final one was a pleated mask from a scrap of fabric. 
Here is where all the scraps came from. 
The scraps had been put on a shelf waiting for a use in life. The first masks I made were for family and they are being used on a regular basis. 
The second batch were made for a family where the mom is having chemo. I made them lots to wear. 
Daughter-in-law contacted me and arrived at the house. I am making 34 more masks for her work place. All will be pleated but 2. They are to be contour and are ready to sew. 
I have decided that I will still work on doll clothes doing 15-20 minutes on it daily. This will help keep mask making less tedious and I can get test patterns done. 

Knitting

I worked on the white sweater, got the 2nd sleeve done and the stitches picked up for the neck band. A lot of work and cross referencing to get it right. 

Today

I have some housework to do this morning, dig in the fabric for masks and launder those pieces, sew the two masks cut out, and knit on the red sweater tonight. 
Until the next time....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment