Saturday, April 11, 2020

Stay At Home Kind of Weather

Yesterday's weather was a good one for staying home. Cool, snow, and windy.  We had snow on the ground in the morning, a good snow flurry mid morning, and sideways rain in the afternoon. Today looks like it might be a repeat of yesterday. It is 1C and the wind is blowing. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning was spent finishing up the living area. It is done and I'm happy about that. We are getting use to the smell of bleach in the house. 
The Spousal Unit and I had been talking if we would get an emergency alert from the government on our phones to stay home. Though I said they should, I never thought they would. It happened at 11 a.m. and noise scared me for a few seconds. I cheered when I saw the message. 
Daughter-In-Law and grandson came over after lunch and brought us carrot muffins. They are yummy and a wonderful treat for Easter. It was nice to talk to them even if they were wearing masks and gloves and standing in the entry way 6-8 feet away from us. 
The Spousal Unit worked on the puzzle and got more done. I  worked on it for a bit and got some pieces together. 
My IBS has flared up again due to stress and worry. I'm not sleeping well at night, pushing to get things done, and worrying about family who are out and about. I am going to do some self calming to see if it helps. Maybe a good nap too.

Sewing

I pushed myself to get 5 masks ready to sew together and finish this afternoon. I did a lot of cutting, stitching, top stitching and pinning the lining to the outer mask. They are ready to sew together and finish up. The pictures taken show the wrong side of the fabric. 
Adult masks. I did a lot of fussy cutting to get the horses on the masks. 
Kids masks. More fussy cutting. There are 3 of them. 

Knitting

I did no knitting last night. I was tired and unmotivated. 

Today

The entry way and stairs will be cleaned thoroughly. A load of laundry will be done and laundry folded. I want to finish the masks, prep a pleated one to sew and choose the next fabric. I hope to knit tonight. 
Until the next time...........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment