Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Assembly Line Sewing

Yesterday was gorgeous warm day. The high got to 16C. This morning it was 4C, cloudy and chances of showers during the day. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit was outside during the day and enjoyed working on a few things. It was good for him to be out there. 
Elliott enjoyed the sunshine and moved around to get the best places. 
The sun was so warm he only let part of his body in the sunshine. The best part - he was in the Spousal Unit's chair. 
The number of cases went up yesterday to the highest ever. But the number of tests run was the highest ever. The percentage was 2.9% so we may be coming to our spike. They released a graph showing cases in each of the counties and we have under 20 cases in our county. 

Sewing

I was in the sewing room early. The fabric was gone through and I got 5 cut out. Takes about a meter of fabric to make 5 masks. I made the ties using a bias tape maker and the more I used it, the faster and better I got. 
The sewing started with two contour masks. I worked until almost 12:30 to finish them up. They take longer than the pleated ones.
After lunch I started to assembly sew the pleated masks. It went quite quickly and at 4 p.m. I had them lined up on the sewing machine ready to sew the ties onto the masks. 

Knitting

I worked on the red sweater last night and had to unknit 4 rows due to an extra yarn over. I'm caught up once again. 

Today

The goal is to finish up the 5 masks and cut out another batch. I'm hoping for 5 more from the fabric I'm choosing. Today is prep day. Knitting is on the white sweater today. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment