Friday, April 03, 2020

Warm, Wet, and Windy

Yesterday was warm, wet and windy. The high got to 9C and an inch of rain fell. The wind blew all day and most of the night. Today started off the same but is to become warm and windy. The temperature this morning was 5C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday started with a couple of cranky people. We ended up in our respective corners. At noon we talked to the doctor via a telephone appointment. He is happy we are staying at home all the time. The Spousal Unit is not to go to the hospital for blood work. My prescription was filled and I am not to go for my blood work. The afternoon was better as both of us were in better moods. 
We finished the puzzle yesterday afternoon. The Spousal Unit put in the last piece, we cheered. 
On to the next one. 
No housework was done due to the crankiness. But, the kitchen was tidied up and the wood furniture in the dining room was wiped clean of dust. 

Sewing

I finished the Chatty Chicken lessons and am pleased with the end result. I now need to save it as an embroidery file. 
I did have to fiddle around a bit to get it the way I wanted it to be. But after 90 minutes, it was done. 
I got the test pattern cut out and started sewing in the sleeves. I also cut out an easy dress to test for the Gotz dolls. For that I used left over fabric from the last reading pillow. The skirt won't be as full as the pattern as I was working with fat quarters. 

Knitting

I worked on the sweater last night circling the mistakes and correcting them myself. One can see the written instructions were written in a hurry. 
Another pattern should arrive today to be added to the list of patterns to knit. 

Today

I am hoping to do some housework, sew, and knit. Keeping us motivated and with a positive outlook is hard at this time. We are healthy, have food, and a nice house to be in. We have a wonderful daughter-in-law who is trying to keep two families healthy. We are very lucky to have such a wonderful person in our lives. We will continue to self isolate to help flatten the curve. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment