Friday, April 17, 2020

Assembly Line Sewing of Masks

Though the temperature only got to 7C and the wind had a cold bite to it, it was a lovely sunny day yesterday. This morning it is -4C and sunny. Here's hoping it stays sunny for the day. 

Lifestyle

Our excitement yesterday was having groceries delivered. They were dropped off at the door for us to bring in and put away. Our daughter-in-law is amazing at getting our groceries. 
Our number of cases were down slightly yesterday but the percentage was at 2.8% positive of all test results. The talk was about compliance and the higher it is, the better the results. Looking at our street, there is 100% compliance as everyone is staying in their own yards, following social distancing, and having no one in. 
Like many others, we have our good days followed by bad ones. Some days it is half and half. We want to do things and we can't. We understand but we rebel. In the end, we will be healthy which is the goal. 

Sewing

I cut out 16 more masks and started assembly line sewing them. I am ready to turn them right side out. 
I love to watch TV while sewing and when I turned it on yesterday, the sound was gone. I tried everything to get sound but to no avail. It is the TV. I think it somehow muted itself when I turned it off Wednesday night. The remote is missing and due to its age (12 years old) and cost ($50.00), I'll order another one that is bigger and smarter.  
The last doll pattern I was testing got published before I got the pattern done. I am disappointed that happened but many testers are making masks. I will finish it up when I'm done making masks. 

Knitting

The white sweater is ready to photograph and then be put away. The red sweater has one front finished and I'm almost done the back. 
With no more patterns to test, I'm going to knit something I want to knit. 

Today

I am going to turn the masks right side out and press in the pleats and top stitch. Then it will be onto the ties. I'm thinking I'll do 8 masks at a time. I may get started pressing those ties today. Tonight more knitting. 
Until the next time.....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment