Saturday, April 18, 2020

Elliott The Crazy Cat

Yesterday was another sunny day. It was also windy and cool. The high was 7C. This morning it is cool and sunny and will be similar to yesterday. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I did a bit of housework and a load of laundry before going to sew. It wasn't our best day mentally as both of us were tired and despondent. By late afternoon, we had moved on to more positive attitudes. 
We listened to the daily briefing together. There was a 4th death (sadness) and 27 new cases bringing the total to over 600 in the province. The state of emergency has been extended for another 2 weeks. We will be under tight restrictions for the near future. 
Elliott chose to be different yesterday. His first was snuggling into the blanket on the Spousal Unit's chair. Every time we said his name he would wiggle. His second was going inside his scratching toy. He's did that yesterday also. 
He finally crawled up onto the couch and slept by me. He does it every night lying on my book and pen. Last night was no exception. 

Sewing

I had a long day in the sewing room. I turned 16 masks right side out and pinned them ready to press. 
I pressed and then folded the pleats on all of them and topped stitched them. I was done by 3 pm and staggered out of the sewing room without taking a picture. 

Knitting

I tried the sweater on the doll and it is tight on her. 
I'm going to try it on the Gotz dolls to see if it is a better fit. I may have used a yarn that is a bit finer than what the wrapper stated. 
I did knit on the red sweater and have the back done. I'm moving along with it. 

Today

The goal is to fold the ties and pin them onto the masks. I'm certain it will take me all day to do that job. Knitting this evening. 
Until the next time...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment