Monday, April 27, 2020

Out For Our Weekly Drive

Though it was a bit hazy yesterday, the temperature got to 16C. It was a lovely day. This morning it was 3C at 6 a.m. and raining. We are okay with that. The snow that is in the forecast is not okay. Just rain.

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit was in a good mood yesterday. He spoke to one neighbor for 20 minutes on Saturday night and to another yesterday morning for about that long. All on gardening while social distancing. It was good for him to have the interaction. 
We went for a drive yesterday for just over an hour. It is essential for us to get once a week and leave our property. We do not stop or get out of the car. We did some driving on Hwy 1 and Hwy 101. Lots of memorials out there, some other people out driving, and a few people riding bikes. 
Yesterday we got another written update on the virus. Two more death and 8 new cases from 673 swabs tested. About 50% of the cases have recovered. I'm hoping the new cases per day stays low and we see less and less deaths. 

Sewing

I finished the coat and made the hat yesterday morning. It is not my best finishing job. Though I love the pattern, it was sewn at the wrong time. It got shoved aside to make masks and then it was red. I will fix it when I'm in a better frame of mind and can get some red buttons. 
I sat for a few minutes after finishing the coat and have decided to sew a summer dress for the Gotz dolls and then clean up the fabric and sweep the floors. It is time to get ready for May's sewing. 

Knitting

I worked on the test pattern and am ready to start on the first sleeve. I quite like this pattern as it has a couple of different techniques in it. One is the increasing for the raglan sleeve. On the wrong side you do a yarn over, knit 1, yarn over and when you come back to the stitches on the right side you knit them in the back of the stitch. Tightens up the holes and gives a smooth clean finish.

Today

 I am going to push myself to get up and do some housework and then sew this afternoon. I need to get back into my daytime routine. Tonight I will knit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment