Thursday, April 30, 2020

Cleaning the Sewing Room

Yesterday was a lovely sunny day with a high of 9C. The snow melted. This morning it is -3C at 6 a.m. and the fog is rolling in. It is going to be another sunny warm day. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I cleaned the front entrance. I do it on my hands and knees and use soap and bleach so it is disinfected. The house smells like bleach again as I work to keep it clean. 
We had a treat last night. Daughter-in-law brought us Nova Scotia Strong donuts from Tim Hortons. 
Each store has their own design which is neat. All proceeds go to the families of the victims. 
There were 20 new cases yesterday, all in the Halifax Municipal Region. A death was also reported. We hope that we are on the road to less new cases as they up the number of tests they do daily. We hope for no more deaths also. 

Sewing

I cleaned up the sewing room yesterday. It was a big job and it is not finished. 
I folded fabric on the stash shelving unit. I do have bare spaces. The Christmas fabric has decreased. Where I had two good size piles of fabric I now have one with one piece in behind. Beside it is two wall hangings that need finishing. 
I also have empty spaces above the Christmas fabric. There is a lot of fabric to make into piping for daughter but the rest is slowly being used up. 


I pulled out the fabric for May's projects. I have to launder it today so I can start tomorrow. 
Next up is sorting the doll clothes and deciding what I want to keep for each doll. I'm going to sort out the clothes for each and decide on what to make for them. 

Knitting

I worked on the sweater and am almost finished it. I think I used 1 size too big needles so want to reknit it again. I do like this pattern.
Elliott chose to nap with Kit. He didn't touch a thing but carefully got himself into his napping position. 

Today

Our groceries will be delivered today by daughter-in-law and I am going to do a couple of loads of laundry. I want to sort doll clothes and I may sort out the doll's stash while watching TV. Knitting tonight. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment