Thursday, April 09, 2020

More Face Masks

Yesterday was another lovely day with a high of 8.5C. This morning, it is clear and the 6 a.m. temperature was -6C. We will see it cloud up during the day and the rain/snow will begin tonight. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit had one of those days. He put a bunch of the puzzle edging onto the floor just before noon. He was grouchy for several hours and then he was fine. 
The only cleaning I did was to tidy up my knitting on the couch and put away what I'm not using. My mind was elsewhere yesterday. 
We had our all time high of positive cases yesterday -- 39. The numbers are going to be larger as people can be tested with 2 symptoms. The reason seems to be to get those with mild cases into isolation and treated. They are hoping it will reduce community spread from taking off. 

Sewing

I headed downstairs early yesterday morning to dig through my stash for left over pieces of fabric. I found some fabric left over from daughter-in-law's knitting bag and made her two more face masks. 
The lining is cute - lambs knitting. She can wear them inside out if she wants to. 
I then cut out two more masks, one for 10-12 year old and one a size smaller. They are for 2 little girls who's dad we know. 
I will be making their mom a pleated one as she wears a N95 mask. She is having chemo at this time. 
I also did a bit of stay stitching on the coat lining. I'm using the same colored thread on the masks as the lining. 

Knitting

I am almost half done the second sleeve on the white sweater. 
The sleeves are cute. They do look at bit on the large size. 
I didn't do any on the other sweater. 

Today

I have to do a load of laundry, clean a bit more in the living room and head down to make at least 1 mask. I will knit more this evening. 
Until the next time.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment