Friday, May 01, 2020

Four Things Accomplished

Yesterday was a beautiful day. The sun shone and the birds sang. The high was 14.6C. This morning it was 4C at 6 a.m. and they are forecasting 13C and we could have a few showers. Here is hoping spring is here. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I got a few things done before groceries arrived. We are thankful that our daughter-in-law shops for us. 
We both spent over an hour working on the puzzle together. I worked on the top and the Spousal Unit worked on the water. We had quite the successful morning. In the afternoon, the Spousal Unit wasn't quite as successful but that is to be expected. 

Sewing

I didn't turn on the sewing machine yesterday but accomplished four things in the sewing room. 

  1. I laundered fabric for the Spousal Unit's shirt and piping for daughter. 
  2. I cut out the Mary Laura dress and am ready to sew it. I want to see if I can adapt it for the Gotz dolls. 
  3. I fixed the serger. It was rolling the seam over a bit when I was using it. I had forgot to return all the settings back to regular serging after doing rolled hems. All is working perfectly now. 
  4. I went through the Gotz doll's clothes to see what they have. 
I sat and mulled over their wardrobes. I don't sew as much for them as I would like to. There aren't as many patterns designed for them as there are for the American Girl dolls. There are more knitting patterns for them than sewing ones. I have a bit of a plan emerging for them. With 4 dolls, I want to start out making them a pair of leggings each. I have lots of material to work with. 

Knitting

I knit, made a mistake, dropped 2 stitches and unknit 2 rows and then knit 3 rows before I stopped for the night. 

Today

The goal is to work in our bedroom and clean it again. Puzzle for an hour, sewing in the afternoon, and knitting tonight. Hopefully I'll get some pictures taken today. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment