Thursday, August 01, 2019

Same Temperature Different Experience

Yesterday was hot and humid. Even the wind was hot. Last night was another warm one. Yesterday's high was near 33C with a humidex of nearly 40C. Last night the low was 18C. The heat warning hasn't disappeared and I'm not sure when it will be gone. 

Lifestyle

I went out yesterday morning at 6 a.m. and dead headed 3 tubs of petunias. It was a lot of work as both knees were aching fiercely. As was my back. After I half filled a 5 gallon pail half with blooms I headed back into the house. It was 18C with a humidex of 26C. Even Elliott didn't venture out the door. This morning the temperature was the same and I deadheaded again. It was lovely outside this morning; cooler and refreshing. A totally different experience. 
The Spousal Unit was in and out during the day watering plants as they are drooping in the heat. He does the big watering at night but has to top up the pots during the day. 
It was a full day of doing budget. I gathered all my stuff and headed to the basement to work at the puzzle table. I spent 2.5 hours doing June (morning session) and 2.5 hours doing July and paying bills (afternoon session). I emerged for lunch. 
While doing the paper work, I sat on a cheap Ikea chair. My hip and knees ceased to ache and I was able to move about easily. Was it the chair? Was it the storms leaving the area (we've been under thunderstorm watch)? or was it my body ceasing to attack itself? Who knows but I sure enjoyed being pain free.
The lilies in the pots in front the of garage have bloomed. They are a spider lily and very unique. 
The bulbs stayed in the pots all winter and were in the garage. It was a perfect condition for them to survive and give us some enjoyment this summer. 

Sewing

I had a bit of time before lunch to fool around with the next bag. The cutting of the print is done. Just the turquoise left to cut.
I cut out handles and pressed them. 
I really like them but they are too busy for this bag. They are for the next bag which has the same print but the plain fabric is black. 
They will be in the turquoise fabric. 
I've decided to add black rick rack to the seams as it gives the seams a finished look. More needs to be bought. 
And the button is coming from my knitting bag. I love this button.
In the afternoon, I fixed the eyelet on the dolls dress. I pressed it up under the skirt and then folded it back down so only the eyelet shows. The hem was  zig-zagged in place and it looks much better. The fold gives the hem more depth and the eyelet looks like a longer slip coming from underneath. 

Knitting

I worked on the sweater yesterday and finished the left side. I'm ready to do the collar on the right side. I've got a few mistakes in it due to me not reading the instructions correctly. I really want to knit this sweater again in a better quality yarn. I'm slowly using up the Downton Abbey yarn and it's fine for testing with. Not the best for garments for sale. 

Today

I need to go to the fabric store for lining for the bag I am making and see if they have some tassel making supplies. I want to sew on this bag and get it ready to assemble. I also need to make something for dinner as grilled cheese sandwiches won't cut it two days in a row. The heat has uninspired me to cook good meals. That is usual in the summer. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment