Wednesday, August 28, 2019

More Projects

Yesterday high got to 22C and it was a cool somewhat cloudy day. It wasn't warm by noon but it did warm up in the afternoon when the sun came out. This morning it is 16C and clear. It is suppose to get to 28C today.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning we headed out to Canning to get meat at the meat shop we do like. On our way home we drove to Grande Pre to look at the land lay out. Was hard to see as there is a lot of corn growing and you can't see it too well. We decided to go to Evangeline Beach and turn around. We got there and realized we had been there in 2017. The tide was high yesterday and the on the previous trip it was low and daughter-in-law and I walked on the ocean bottom. 
My pain was off and on yesterday and it seems to get sorer at night. I sat with heat on it as much as possible yesterday. This morning the pain is less but still there. Not throbbing or sharp so I will take it. We call this a good day. 

Sewing

I did sit a lot in the sewing room and almost finished the pillow. It needs the seam allowances trimmed and finished. 
To break up the pillow, I added the black piece and a bit of rick rack to the pocket. To give contrast, I used left over yellow fabric to line the pocket and do the trim on the front of the pocket. The handle is the black fabric with left over yellow piping. All the fabric comes from the stash. 
The back has a zipper I found in the deep stash. Now to get the pillow form. 
Next up on the to make list is a make-up brush bag. 
I did this case twice, the last time was 6-7 years ago. 

This time, I am going to make it in dark blue with a flower print for the lining and piping. I have the dark blue and need to get the other fabric and ribbon. I'm sure I have the thread but may pick up a spool to make sure. I'm sure this will take 2-3 days to make as there are several adaptions I have to make. I don't have the pressure feet she calls for. 

Knitting

I didn't block the doll's sweater yesterday. But, I did get into the yarn stash to find yarn for the hat I am knitting for the fair. What I had planned on using was too heavy. I dug deeper into a bin and came up with 4 balls of dusty pink alpaca/silk yarn. I cast on and started knitting. 
The yarn is a delight to knit and I was moving along like crazy when I decided it was time to stop. The pattern is certainly showing up nicely. 
Twenty rows done. I have another 12 to knit before I measure. 

Accountability


  • Doll's outfit - Done
  • Lady bug shopping bag - Done
  • Knitted doll's dress - Done
  • Reading Pillow - Almost Done
  • Messy Bun Hat - Started
  • Embroidered Make up brush bag - Ready to start
I am going to look once again at 
  • Child's vest
  • Any article Sewn - child's western shirt
After that, I'm starting to feel stumped on ideas for this year. 

Today

I'm off to the city to shop and then home to start on the make up brush bag. Tonight I will knit on the hat. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment