Saturday, August 24, 2019

A Day of Prepping for the Front Landing

Though yesterday was suppose to be the start of the cool off period, it was a warm humid day. The sun seem to be burning hot until after 6:30 pm when it started to cool off. This morning it is 14C and cool outside. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I read while waiting for the truck to deliver the decking for the front. I needed to finish up the book so I can return it. I'm reading Sister's and Spies by Susan Ottaway. A true story of WWII secret agents (England). I finished it up before bedtime. 
The truck arrived and unloaded our items. After lunch we headed out to get a few items so we can hopefully start today. What could take one day for most people may take two days for us. 
I bought this lovely lantern for 70% off ($16.50). It will go on our front landing this fall. 
I will get a large LED candle to put in it. I've been looking at these for months hoping they would clear out before winter. 

Health

My right leg hurt a lot yesterday then eased off and at bedtime put on a great performance. I could barely walk it was so sore. This morning, it is better but who knows what will happen today. 
I ate a bit off track yesterday and am wondering how I will react to that. I will have to behave for the next few days. 

Sewing

I did not get down to the sewing room yesterday. I may get an hour down there today. I want to start the Bendy Bag so I can mail out everything to my friend. 
I'm thinking of making this pillow for the Fair. 
I have fabric in the sewing room I can use up but I may have to buy some black and white fabric. I'll put in a book or two and donate it to the library when I'm done. 

Knitting

I did some knitting on the sweater last night and am ready to try it on the doll. If it is correct, I will be ready to do the sleeves and body. I'm thinking a couple of days and it will be done. Then I need to start on knitting for the fall fair which will end up as Christmas gifts. 

Fall Fair Accountability

My list is growing and now I need to pace myself and get it all done. 
  • The ladybug bag is ready to go. 
  • The doll outfit needs a few more beads around the neck and the buttons.
  • The small craft may change if I find something better. 
  • Child's vest - I may not do it as I don't have anyone to give it to. I hate to make something that will end up in a thrift shop. It is still a wait and see project. 
  • Pillow - the reading pillow.
  • Messy Bun Hat and scarf in the same yarn
  • Knit doll's dress
  • Small article machine embroidered - from patterns I have done before. 

Today

I'm spending time in the sewing room and helping where/when necessary on the front landing. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment