Friday, August 30, 2019

The Start On A New Project

Yesterday was warm, windy, and wet. The high got to 25C with a humidex of 36C. The wind blew for part of the day and we got over 1/2" rain by 5 p.m. During the night, the wind blew hard enough to wake me up and it rained enough that we have a total of just over 1" of rain. The low this morning is 20C. 

Lifestyle

We were both tired yesterday with the storm coming in. The air was warm and humid making it feel like walking into a sauna. We moved slowly all  day. 
The Spousal Unit moved brick from the driveway to the shed and when it is cool enough, we will lay it around the edge of the flower beds. He also started to cut the tops off the potatoes and we have quite nice potatoes this year. Looks like too many for us to eat so we will be sharing the crop. 
My sciatica is improving. All the heat I put on it has paid off. Our bed, which has a tight top is hard on it though. The guest bed, which has a pillow top, is wonderful to lie on and takes the pain levels right down to nearly nothing. You can guess where I laid yesterday.

Sewing

I fiddled around and got the embroidery done on the make up brush bag. I haven't done any of this for awhile so it is taking a bit of time for the tricks to return to me. 
The lining has since been basted to the front piece. I'm now ready to cut out the rest of the pieces in blue and the bias binding in the print. 
While the stitching was happening, I got one leg on grandson's second pair of school pants hemmed. 

Knitting

I sewed the buttons onto the doll's sweater and did the photo shoot. I am thrilled with the outfit. 
I also finished the hat to weaving in the ends. 
I have 2 full balls and 1 almost full ball left and will be tucking them into the stash for a later project. I found my pattern for a child's hat and will look for yarn in the stash to knit it. 

Today

Housework, sewing, and knitting are on the agenda. Sewing priority is hemming grandson's pants. I want them done so he has both pairs for school. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment